Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Anaheim, California (Disneyland)

Disneyland

 Ahh Disneyland. Such Awesomeness. Such wonder. It is my favorite place of all time. It's so perfect. So childish. So wonderful. And now you're sitting here thinking "uhhhhh..." have no fear, I'm not crazy.
Sometimes, when you step into a place and breath in, you just feel like you're home. To most, this is there actual home. To some, it's a place they visited a lot. For me, it's Disneyland. I feel comfortable there. I feel confident there. I feel like I can't make myself look like a fool there.
 I'm sorry for the blurry and tiny pictures, I just have a lot to share. So I'll run through the pictures really quickly. The top picture is the ride "Storybook Land Canal Boats."  It's an awesome peaceful ride that is kind of a break from the hustle and bustle of FantasyLand. Underneath that is "Big Thunder Mountain Railroad." It's the second fastest rollercoaster in the park. It's really fun because it whips you around and makes noises and the line is never too tragic. Generally, there aren't fastpasses for this ride which is actually quite upsetting. Underneath that is a picture of the "Peter Pan Ride."
This ride is a ride a lot of people like. It's cool to me, but I'm not sure why it's one of those rides that people defend to the death over. Maybe that's just opinion. The pink castle is indeed Sleeping Beauty's Castle all lit up for the night. So pretty! Next to that is the "ice sculpture" of an elephant. I believe that picture was taken in the ice-cream parlor on Main Street. Right above this text is a picture of my friend Bo pulling a rope when the sign clearly states to not pull it. Priceless moment in the queuing area for the "Indiana Jones Ride."
Right next to us is a picture of Sarah and I right next to the Storybook Land ride. We were just about to go get in line for the ride.

 This is "It's a Small World." Yes, most people hate this ride. And honestly, they have a pretty good reason to. The entire ride is the same song over and over and over and over for like 15 minutes. Yeah, not my favorite.

 Above is the Matterhorn. Honestly, I don't like that ride. It's not that fast plus you have to sit awkwardly with whoever you're riding with. To the right is a shot of the Hollywood Backlot in California Adventure from the Aladdin theater.
 This is the stage of the Aladdin show. This is where memories were born. I LOVE this show. This show looked me straight in the face and said, hey, you could do this for a living. It's a great show and I think that if you're in California Adventure, you need to go see it.
 Disney Characters are a large part of the draw to Disneyland. What little kid doesn't want to meet Mickey or their favorite princess? We didn't get many pictures with the characters (I actually think this is my only picture...) but they are worth it! Although I don't think it's as worth it when you get older....
 Live entertainment is a huge part of Disneyland. Huge. These bands play ALL THE TIME. They pull the crowd into the act. They play songs that everyone can sing along to. They put on a show for all the little kids and old people. They're awesome musicians. I will admit, normally I don't stay for a whole show. But on the last day in the park and you're already exhausted by noon, this is a great way to spend 30 minutes.


 One of the best things about Disneyland is making memories that will last for forever. I will never forget my experience in Disneyland for my three trips. I was given an amazing opprotunity with band and was able to travel with my fellow students, which made the whole thing mean so much more. I've been backstage and I've preformed in Disneyland. Not everyone can say that. Disneyland means a lot to me. Will I ever work there someday? I've considered it. I'm not making any "for-sures" right now. I'm just going with it. All I know is that for the rest of my life, I'll always be planning my next trip there. I plan on going back in September with my sister. I hope that someday I can take my kids (if I have kids) there. Disneyland means a lot to me and I hope that I can spend a lot more time there in the future.
~Sherilyn

No comments:

Post a Comment